HDF Product Designer is still being actively developed. Below is a list of currently known issues or limitations:
- CF validation using the NCO’s
ncdismembertool may not work for the HTTP access. In case the browser window displays a failure to open the page please replace
httpsin the URL field and try again. Contact us if even the HTTPS URL fails.
- Nested compound datatype is not supported.
- Exporting designs with an array datatype compound field is not yet supported by all source code generators.
vlstring(variable-length string) datatype cannot be used as a compound field.
- Choosing both CF and NUG for conventions when creating a new design is not supported. Select either one only.
- Convention support works for new designs only. Changing design’s convention later is not supported.
- Support for the HDF-EOS convention is still in very early stages of
development. It will not yield valid HDF-EOS5 template files because
it is not possible to assign values to datasets. Specifically, it
is not possible to store ODL string into the
StructMetadatadataset which is essential for HDF-EOS5 library to access the file.
- Export as works only for the current working version (label:
- Design/dataset/attribute/group names cannot be longer than 255 characters.
/character is not allowed in object names and will be replaced with the
- The size of attribute’s value cannot exceed one gigabyte.
- There is a 30-second timeout limit for all operations. Typically long executing operations, like template file validation, may fail due to this timeout.
- Generating HDF5 template files for designs with large (> 64 kB) attributes may
fail with an error:
Unable to create attribute (object header message is too large).
To report any new issue please visit the issue tracking website. (NASA Earthdata login required.)